Sports Journalism Institute Application
Program runs in late May 2020 at Arizona State University with a bootcamp followed by paid internships (to be determined individually) at print, digital or electronic media outlets. Editing and online candidates are urged to apply (car is required).
Applications must be received by Nov. 1, 2019, and they must be accompanied by two letters of recommendation, work samples (no more than 10), a current college transcript, a personal essay on what this program would mean to you (500 words maximum), and a photograph.
Send application packet to:Gregory Lee via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a writer, please make into on package as a PDF. If you are showing videos, send via dropbox. For questions, please email Gregory.
The Texas Tribune is hiring an analyst to lead audience measurement efforts across the organization, helping the Tribune meet its growth, engagement and revenue goals through sound data management and reporting.
As a nonprofit newsroom committed to engaging and informing Texans on politics and policy, we strive to meet our audiences where they are. The Tribune’s 2018 audience included more than 2 million monthly website visitors, 311,000 social media followers, 44,000 newsletter subscribers and 14,300 event attendees. Our audience analyst will be an expert at gathering audience data from various sources and translating it into actionable analysis.
As audience analyst, your chief responsibilities will include:
- Tracking key performance indicators and helping develop goals and benchmarks based on historic (and market-based) analysis
- Tracking our progress against strategic editorial, product and revenue goals
- Maintaining our suite of automated daily, weekly and monthly audience reports
- Communicating audience insights effectively across departments via strategic analysis, one-on-one discussions and regular staff meetings
- Working with editorial, audience and engineering teams to maintain our core analytics infrastructure, including custom event/goals tracking and cross-platform data collection
- Making metrics more accessible and actionable through role-based reports, notifications and CMS integrations
- Tracking the impact of emerging platforms and technology on our ability to measure our audience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with user analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics, and facility with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience working with third-party APIs (Facebook, Twitter, MailChimp, CMS, etc)
- Data management and programming skills, such as SQL, Python or R
- Proven ability to collaborate and “teach others to fish” for actionable audience insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including analytics/data visualization
This role reports to the Chief Audience Officer.
About The Texas Tribune
The Texas Tribune is a nonprofit newsroom based in Austin, Texas, dedicated to engaging and informing Texans on politics and policy news. We are read by 2 million people every month and have more journalists covering state government than any newsroom in the country. In addition, our events team hosts more than 50 free conversations between the public and elected officials across the state every year.
We’re a “grown-up startup,” meaning we all wear many hats, but we’re also big fans of getting enough sleep. We believe our office is a pretty great place to work, and we’re proud of the job we’ve done helping to make Texas politics transparent and accessible to the world at large. The Texas Tribune is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply.
- downtown office with paid parking or commuting stipend
- medical, vision and dental insurance
- a cell phone stipend
- 20 days of paid time off each year
- up to 12 weeks of paid family leave plus four weeks of additional job protection
- 401(k) matching
- support for professional training and attending industry conferences
How to apply
Please submit your application here by midnight on Sep. 30, 2019. Email Amanda Zamora at email@example.com with any questions. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Dedicated journalist needed to help manage the newsroom on the beautiful tropical island of Saipan in the Mariana Islands. This U.S. territory is located north of Guam, south of Japan and on the edge of the Marianas Trench. It is where America’s Day begins. Come join the hardworking TV News team at KSPN2 News. Big stories to be told from this small community. The perfect candidate loves hard news, is sensitive to local culture, and is interested in managing and producing a local newscast. Reporting experience required and we will help train the right person to manage a newsroom.
Job Type: Full-time
Contact Berry COM alum Ashley McDowell, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Charlotte Observer is looking for a driven beat reporter to cover the Carolina Panthers. Our Panthers reporters work in a competitive, fast-paced environment to break news and to deliver exclusive enterprise and smart analysis. The Panthers beat reporter should have a deep knowledge of the NFL and be adept at building team and league sources. A strong source network is vital to being out front of competitors, and the Panthers reporter must be able to find and break news, cover breaking news with urgency and develop compelling story lines and analysis. In covering one of the most important beats at the newspaper, the Panthers reporter uses use social media as a news-gathering tool, an engagement opportunity and a means to put our news and enterprise in front of a topic-specific audience across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other platforms.
This position will have primary responsibilities for managing and implementing communications for the Belk College of Business, in particular to reach internal audiences, external audiences including the business community.
The position will develop communications materials for specific strategic areas of the Belk College, such as original and solicited content, including message for letters, articles, blog posts, social posts, etc.
This position will plan, organize, manage and execute strategic Belk College communications projects and events from research, planning, implementation and measurement.
This position will contribute to the overall External Relations strategy and priorities of the Belk College.
This position will work with the Executive Director of External Relations on strategic or priority issues.
This position will plan/coordinate special events as assigned. This position requires some knowledge of communications tools, including but not limited to: Drupal web content management system, enewsletter software, social media management, InDesign, Photoshop, Powerpoint, etc.